Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years

WE HAD OUR CAR NEW IN 1999 WE IMPORTED IT IN TO IRELAND IN

Customer Question

WE HAD OUR CAR NEW IN 1999 WE IMPORTED IT IN TO IRELAND IN 2007 WE WERE CHARGED 564 EURO TO CHANGE THE NUMBER PLATES BY THE V R T I AM UNABLE TO GET A GOVENMENT BOOKLET / LIST OF RULES FOR THEN I WAS TOLD THE RULES CHANGED IN 1997 !!?? i was led to belive that if we had owned the car for 6 months then we would not have to pay by enlish friends that came to live in the R O I 2004 !!when we attended the v r t centre we had all our doc and sale recipts

Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

WHAT IMFO DO YOU WANT !!??

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I need to know what your specific question is about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i have already arsk my question !!?? i am wanting a answer please

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I've seen the facts above.

What is your question about them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

we paid the sum above we belive that as our car was over 6 months old and we had owned it from new that we would not have to pay to import it 3 english friends came over to the R O I IN 2004 AND DID NOT !!?? THE OFFICE SAY THE RULES CHANGED IN 1997 BUT WE CAN NOT FIND ANT DOCUMENTS THAT TELLS US THIS ( FROM THE IRISH GOVENVERMENT ) MY SPELLINGS ARE NOT VERY GOOD !!??

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok.

So is this an Irish officer that is telling you this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

YES special compliance branch revnue commissioners limerick

we filled a form in for a refund we were told that the ruels changed in 1997 but cant find anymore imfo

we belived they should not have charged us !!??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Relist: Answer quality. i have paid !! been going around and around all afternoon all i want to know is should we have been charged !!?? we had the car from new 99

moved to R O I IN 2005 CAR WAS IMPORTED 2007

Expert:  wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Wendy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes i am Happy to wait for a answer !!

Expert:  wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.

Regards,
Wendy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK !!

Expert:  wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the professional with the right expertise to come online. Please let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question.

We appreciate your understanding!
Wendy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes ok have you found me a expert yet !!?? for my Question ??

Expert:  wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your continued patience while we continue our search.

Regards,
Wendy

Expert:  wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Please understand that it’s rare when we cannot find the right professional. Nevertheless, because you are entitled to your money back with no questions asked, we will process your refund immediately, upon your request. Please accept our sincere apology. We hope you’ll think of us again when the need arises.

Regards,
Wendy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Wendy are you saying that you can not find anyone to answer my question !!??

AND THAT YOU WISH TO REFUND MY FEE !!?? OUR ARE YOU STILL TRYING TO GET A EXPERT !!?? FOR ME ??

Expert:  wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.

We have exhausted our efforts to find you a professional, but at this time your question remains open to all legal professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to cancel the question.

Regards,

Wendy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Wendy

iT Seems that my Question is either too madane or to difficult for the experts to give me a answer on !!??

all i need is to know

1 // if th rules for importing cars changed in 1997

2//we had owned the car from new in the U K ( 1999)

3// the car came in to the R O I in 2007 It was over 6 months old )

4// Should we have paid ( 564 Euro ) to the V R T Office in limerick !!??

for a new log book ( to get irish plates )

Expert:  wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the additional information. The professional that can help you will ask for more if they need it.

Thank you again for your patience. We will continue to search for a professional for you.

Regards,
Wendy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.

Your question remains open to all Irish Law professionals. If one has an answer for you, he will reply.