Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

its about family law!my boyfriend is diviorced and has 2 kids

Customer Question

its about family law!my boyfriend is diviorced and has 2 kids to his ex and also 2 with me!He is on the dole,recieving 171 a week,and i get 171 a week aswell,so between all our bills we just about cope,and he cant pay maintenice for his kids,he told this to his ex,so she is now money for him not been able to pay yet she is ringing him every day looking for money!!he also has kids friday to sunday,maybe a monday,and takes them to their football training which is also twice week,she is threating him by taking this to court because its only oral agreement,so has he any rights here,or has he to pay??how can he pay when he doesnt have it
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.
Even if he is on the dole, there is an obligation on him to pay maintenance for his children. If his ex partner makes an application for maintenance there will be an order made probably somewhere in the region of €30-€40 for the 2 children.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But she is already getting money for him not been able to pay and he is doing as much as she is in the upbringing of his kids! he is providing for their needs when they stay our home
Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.
How much is he paying?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

he isnt paying,she is getting extra money weekly from the welfare because he cant pay his maintence...but he has them maybe 3/4 nights and as i said before we have kids aswell,their practly living with us for half week!!i just thought surly he is keeping them more than what he should if he has to pay aswell on top of that!

Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.
Well that is not the case, the court will make an order for maintenance in any event and he should try to come to an arrangement with her before hand . (THE COURT WILL MAKE AN ORDER FOR MAINTENANCE )
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i know the court will,but how can she get extra money from welfare and she is still demanding money of him and he cant get extra money to even pay the maintence from welfare

Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.
She doesn t make extra money she get welfare payments for her children. I am simply setting out the law for you. The law is an order for maintenance will be made against him unless he can show he has day to day care of the kids the majority of the time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

she has a job aswell ,how can he prove that?all he has is txts from her asking to take the kids such in such a day!

Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.
Well then he has proof which he can hand into the court. This will not however negate his obligation to pay maintenance for his children