Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years

I lent someone money last october and recieved an item as security...I

Customer Question

I lent someone money last october and recieved an item as security...I still have not recieved any of that back...Can I sell the item....thanks
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Ronan replied 3 years ago.
You have been quite vague in your question. What was the agreement you made with this person? Was it a written or oral agreement? What is the item involved? You might outline some background so I can assist you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it was an ex girlfriend...oral agreement...and the sum involved was 8000 euro.....and she gave me a rolex watch to hold on to. she says that she will pay it back over time but I hav,nt seen anything yet..and would like to get it sorted...thanks.
Expert:  Ronan replied 3 years ago.
You should indicate to in writing that you propose to sell the watch if the loan is not repaid within a specified period. Thereafter you are perfectly entitled to sell it in order to recover your money
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thank you
Expert:  Ronan replied 3 years ago.
Please rate question to finalise many thanks