Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

HI I have an outstanding credit card debt of 7000. It has

HI
I have an outstanding credit card debt of 7000.
It has been about 5 years since i had any contact with bank or collectors.
I had not heard from either for a long time.

I just got a letter from what is now the 3rd collection agency to take on this debt.

I am currently long term unemployed, how likely are they to take me to court for this amount and if so what would the likely outcome be.

Also the letters are coming to my parents address which i dont want, if i inform them of my current address am i negating any time already passed towards Staute barred .

Thanks in advance
The statute of limitation for such debt is 6 years from the date of the last payment or acknowledgement of the debt. Therefore you are nearly there. I would not advise them of your current address as if they failed to serve you with the 6 year they will be statute barred as it is a district court matter. They are likely to issue proceedings if they find you