Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years

There are two Executors in a Will.ExA and ExB.They disagree

Customer Question

There are two Executors in a Will.ExA and ExB.They disagree on some items to be put on the Revenue Affidavit CA24.One of these items are bills from an accountant and a solicitor which ExA is ok with but which ExB wants itemised to check their validity.Neither the accountant or solicitor are willing to provide itemised bills.The other item is a bill from ExA for monies he feels he is owed by the estate for a few years before the person died.ExB is disputing this.So there is stalemate.ExB feels he cannot swear the Affidavit with these bills there as he would be swearing their validity.Then ExA says he will leave his bill off the form but will make a claim against the estate later.ExB wants all bills resolved before signing.So ExA goes ahead and lodges the form himself having told ExB that he is going to do it.What options are open to ExB? Previously you said that a creditor cannot be an Executor but that's how it's happening.I know that ExB can lodge a Caveat with the Probate Office but is this the best option or would a second Affidavit prepared by ExB be better if that were possible? Having lodged the Affidavit himself what are ExA's duties,if any,towards the other Executor?
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!