cmcsolicitor
cmcsolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  and Mediator practicing in Cork, Ireland.
71807589

How will my childs father income be determined if he is self

Customer Question

How will my child's father income be determined if he is self employed and does not take a set salary from the business
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  cmcsolicitor replied 4 years ago.

cmcsolicitor :

He will be required to provide his business accounts and revenue returns, for the last three years if possible, so that his average income can be calculated. It is a good idea also to fill out something like the "Affidavit of Means" that you would provide if you were going through Judicial Separation or Divorce. This includes a list of Assets (eg a car) and Income, as well as Liabilities (eg a loan) and Expenses (eg groceries). if you do one of these yourself and ask

cmcsolicitor :

..for one in exchange.

cmcsolicitor :

Yours will provide a clear picture of what the children's needs and costs are. This is the most important action you can take from your end.