Lorens35
Lorens35, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
17897874

Im an artist from nyc now living in NC, I once worked for

Customer Question

im an artist from nyc now living in NC, I once worked for the USPS, when I quit in 1986 I never emptied my locker and left it . I hasd a number of drawings in their one in particular was a character named Spuz. I not sure but he looks very similar to what we now know as Stewie Grffin from Family Guy. onliy differenc e was he had curly hair, same side ways football head and he was brown in complexion, short and also wore blue overalls. what you think? Did some one take this picture and some how it rematerialize as Stewie?
JA: Have you talked to a local attorney? Has anything been filed in court?
Customer: No I haven't. I have been pondering if this is coincidence or someone took my idea. I recently saw were Seth Mcfarlane is from the Kent CT. Verry close to NYlol maybe he had a family member or friend working for the USPS and some how this how he might have gotten a hold of it.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: none of what I Can think of. But im at work right now and Ill be driving and I don't pick up calls but Ill be gone for about 40 minutes.(###) ###-####or***@******.*** , Ill be back at my job and Ill be glad to speak to an attorney. Thanks
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Lorens35 replied 27 days ago.
Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will be answering your question this morning.
I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get.
Expert:  Lorens35 replied 27 days ago.
Unfortunately, aside from issues of abandonment, any potential claim you may have had if you could prove your created image was infringed has long ago expired. Copyright infringement has a three-year statute of limitations indicating that “No civil action shall be maintained under the [Act] unless it is commenced within three years after the claim accrued.” 17 U.S.C. §507(b).
Expert:  Lorens35 replied 27 days ago.
I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. Also, please remember that this is not a moral judgement on my part. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Thanks I knew it was a long shot not looking to go any further.
Expert:  Lorens35 replied 26 days ago.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Thank you for understanding.

You are very welcome. If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.

Thank you!