socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

For socrateaser only - I'm unable to view the answer here -

Customer Question

forCustomeronly - I'm unable to view the answer here - Please repost, thank you
http://www.justanswer.com/intellectual-property-law/9zakf-1-need-copyright-protect-neuropsychological-test.html1. I need to copyright protect a neuropsychological test that I developed, including the test materials, the instructions, and the computer program that scores and analyses the results. What copyright category does that fall under? (not literature, not artistic creation, etc)
2. What would be the cost to me to have an attorney file the copyright for me?
3. What is the process/procedure that I would have to follow to get these materials copyrighted?
William E. ****, Ph.D.Optional Information:
State/Country relating to question: Massachusetts
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 month ago.

Hello again...here's the answer I previously provided. In an effort to provide additional assistance, I will also send you a premium services offer, should you wish to contact me directly:

1. I need to copyright protect a neuropsychological test that I developed, including the test materials, the instructions, and the computer program that scores and analyses the results. What copyright category does that fall under? (not literature, not artistic creation, etc)

A: A computer program falls in a different category from a "secure test." However, both are considered "literary works," and use Form TX for registration purposes.

A: I cannot negotiate price or terms for legal services in this forum. I can send you a premium services offer. If you accept, we can discuss the matter offline. Please let me know if you're interested, and I'll send the offer.

A: It's just a fill in the form process. You can use the electronic filing process (click here), or fill in and mail Form TX to the U.S. Copyright Office.

However, if you want to maintain confidentiality of your test, so that other's cannot review the materials in the public records, then there are special procedures to follow. See Circular 64 form more info.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) – otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.
Thanks again for using Justanswer!