Alex Reese
Alex Reese, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in intellectual property law
14461494

In the year 1965, five females and I were the first Black

Customer Question

In the year 1965, five females and I were the first Black students to enroll at Georgia Southern University in Statesboro, Georgia. Five of the six graduated and later earned advance degrees. Three of the six students, along with nineteen others who came after us, wrote a book, IN OUR OWN WORDS. In the book, students write about their individual experiences at Georgia Southern covering the period 1965-1985. I need to know if we should include the names of all twenty-one authors in the copyright notice.
Thanks, *****
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Alex Reese replied 2 months ago.

hello

the copyright notice usually just has the date of the copyright (year) and the copyright symbol, it does not usually even have the name of the author or the copyright owner....it is meant to be a short notice and is not even legally required (but good to have). So no, you do not need to identify any of the authors in the copyright notice, but of course you are free to listing the authors elsewhere in the book.

Expert:  Alex Reese replied 1 month ago.

please don't forget to RATE me so that I get credit, thanks