Alex Reese
Alex Reese, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in intellectual property law

I filed for a trademark through legalzoom and they gave me a

Customer Question

I filed for a trademark through legalzoom and they gave me a report of all possible conflicts. I would like a lawyer to review it and let me know if any of them are true conflicts
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Alex Reese replied 1 month ago.

hello. Unfortunately that is not something the experts on this site can handle for you because it requires an actual attorney-client relationship, so you will need to retain a TM attorney to analyze those entities for you to see if they are likely to pose a real barrier to getting your TM granted by the PTO. Of course, one strategy, which most people take, is to simply file it and let the PTO decide what they think may be a conflict or not and go from there....because all you have to lose is the cost of the TM application, and it will cost you money to have an attorney render an opinion on trademark-ability (and even then it's only an opinion, and the PTO may disagree anyway). The key factors are the similarity in the marks and the similarity in the goods/services...if you don't have a solid ground to distinguish on at least one of those then the mark is unlikely to be granted.

let me know if that answers your question, and please don't forget to RATE me so I get credit, thanks