We are a manufacturer of a sell phone case and we sell our brand products on Amazon. We are a registered brand with Amazon and we have not other authorized seller besides ourselves that sells new product on Amazon.
lately we have been constantly attacked my other sellers mainly from China, listing supposedly our branded products. We know the products they are selling under our listings, is not our branded product, since we have not authorized these sellers to sell, and we do not sell our new inventory to any 3rd party company on Amazon.
We have on several occasions contacted Amazon and asked them to restrict our listings to be only available to us, and the sellers we approve. Amazon does this for many big brands.
Just today, someone sent in inventory to Amazon using their vendor program, and was selling many of our product, at a 50% discount. Since those items were shipped to Amazon using the vendor program, the product was actually was sold by Amazon.
This causes our business great harm, it is costing us thousands of dollars in lost sales, in lost marketing that we spend thousands on each month.
We are looking for someone to produce a letter to Amazon, explaining to them our copyright
rights, and requesting them to close our branded listings to all other sellers, except us, and those approved by us. We believe if the letter comes from a law firm, Amazon will comply with our request. This is the email i received from them.
"Thank you for contacting Amazon Vendor Support.
Thank you for writing to us.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement
, please provide our copyright agent the written information specified below. Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying Amazon that your copyrighted material has been infringed.
• An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
• A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon;
• A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
• Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
• A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
• A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Amazon’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows:
Copyright Agent/Amazon Vendor Express
Amazon.com Legal Department
P.O. Box 81226
Seattle, WA 98108