Alex Reese
Alex Reese, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in intellectual property law

My company name is Your Homes Story, my logo also says Get

Customer Question

Hello, my company name is***** my logo also says Get Your Home Talking. Get Your Home Talking is trademarked as a logo for a company with that name. Can I still use the wording since it is not the company name? Thanks you, Gina
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Alex Reese replied 1 month ago.

For TM law, the issue is use of the mark in commerce and whether that is likely to cause consumer confusion. It does not matter not whether the mark is the company name, product name, slogan etc. If the goods/services that you are using the mark with are the same or similar to what the other Company is using it in connection with, then there is a TM issue/infringement because you are using the same name/slogan in connection with same/similar goods & services.