How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex Reese Your Own Question
Alex Reese
Alex Reese, Lawyer
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 3106
Experience:  Experienced in intellectual property law
Type Your Intellectual Property Law Question Here...
Alex Reese is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I’m currently working for a big US IT company in Hong Kong

Customer Question

I’m currently working for a big US IT company in Hong Kong and I have signed a "Proprietary Information And Inventions Agreement" when I join 9 years ago. I'm going to start a business in USA in the senior home care services, and I have some innovative method that is patent-able. Although it’s unlikely that my current company will have interest in my patent, but just in case, how can I protect myself against such claim to my invention?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What does the agreement actually state that you signed?

Related Intellectual Property Law Questions