How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex Reese Your Own Question
Alex Reese
Alex Reese, Lawyer
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 3439
Experience:  Experienced in intellectual property law
Type Your Intellectual Property Law Question Here...
Alex Reese is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In December 2015 my business partner and i purchased a UK

Customer Question

In December 2015 my business partner and i purchased a UK based company, Powertraveller LTD, We have since registered in the US as Powertraveller Inc. Also we have developed new updated products and releasing them into the market currently. Powertraveller LTD trademark registered the name Powertraveller in the US last year. Question#1 is now that we own Powertraveller LTD do we own the trademark. #2 how can we trademark Powertraveller under Powertraveller Inc.
Thank you *****
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Alex Reese replied 5 months ago.


Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Alex Reese replied 5 months ago.

So if you purchased the company then you would naturally get the TM along with it (unless it's some rare situation where it was specifically excluded). You just need to hire a TM/IP attorney to file an "assignment recordation" with the USPTO so that the owner/assignee of record is changed from Powertraveller LTD to Powertraveller Inc.

Expert:  Alex Reese replied 5 months ago.

It's an easy procedure.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok that makes sense, thank you for your time,
Expert:  Alex Reese replied 5 months ago.

you're welcome

Expert:  Alex Reese replied 4 months ago.

and please RATE me so that I get credit for my assistance, thanks

Related Intellectual Property Law Questions