Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Licensed attorney in private practice.
7286322

I own a float therapy center in ,ohio. An individual opened

Customer Question

I own a float therapy center in mason,ohio. An individual opened a center with the same service within 5 miles from us and she has copied the majority of my website content..including word for word 10-20% and replaced one word or added extra wording at the end of segments to make it as if its not clear copyright..It is. I have all of this outlined and documented. What would you suggest I do in this case? Also, she had visited my center months before opening hers and was one of the most hateful people I had ever been around. Thanks!
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Website content is automatically copyrighted. If you feel that your copyright is being violated, you want to send the owner a DCMA takedown letter. A copy may also be sent to the hosting company the domain (if you tell me the site, I can provide the domain hosting company's name). A copy of such a letter may be found HERE.

Visiting your centers is not illicit. However, if you believe that she somehow is interfering with your business or is coming in to lure your customers away, that IS actionable. If so, reply and let me know and we can discuss this, also.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!