Alex Reese
Alex Reese, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in intellectual property law

If my stepdad is inventing a tool, what should he do so one

Customer Question

if my stepdad is inventing a tool, what should he do so one else gets his idea
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. My goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied before you submit your rating so please let me know if you have additional questions or you need me to clarify anything If there is a delay in the time it takes me to respond it is because I am working with a customer or I am not online - but rest assured I will respond to your follow up question, if you have one. Also, occasionally I will respond from a mobile JA unit, which automatically asks you to submit a rating once I submit a response- but please don't feel like you need to do so until we are done speaking. The best thing to do would be to contact the patent and trademark office (PTO) and file an application to patent it. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. I'd be happy to do so. I'm also available by phone if that would help you.