Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience.

I registered my LLC as well as url in January. When I

Customer Question

Hello, I registered my LLC as well as url for Brandtuitives in January. When I registered the LLC they told me that they checked for any conflicts and I could register the name... that is here on Hawaii...On Friday I received a letter from a lawyer... a "notice of infringing use of the registered service mark BRANDTUITIVE... he is telling me that Brandtuitives is too close to BRANDTUITIVE...I called the lawyers office 2 days ago and left a voice mail asking to call me back and to clarify what they want me to do. Do I have to change my LLC and is this even possible?Thanks a lot, Kristin
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

ANSWER: At this link you will find that they filed for trademark protection back in 2011. Since you did not start using yours until JAN of this year and the two marks are likely to be deemed as "confusingly similar", you may want to change your LLC name to avoid an infringement suit.