Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years exp all aspects of general law

Is it legal to use songs I have purchased from itunes and

Customer Question

Is it legal for me to use songs I have purchased from itunes and edit them to create a remix for my own personal use?
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 4 months ago.

Hello there

They are correct -- you can do anything you want with recordings (both audio and video) if you are using them for your own personal use and you are not looking to distribute them for monetary gain. It is called the FAIR USE Doctrine in Copyright Law (as I can see that has already been noted to you). Any type of personal use is acceptable under this doctrine.

I hope that helps. Please press a positive rating above so that I will be paid for my time. I am paid nothing unless you press the middle star or the fourth or fifth star to the right of the middle star in the rating section above, so I really do appreciate it. THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!