How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex Reese Your Own Question
Alex Reese
Alex Reese, Lawyer
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 3466
Experience:  Experienced in intellectual property law
Type Your Intellectual Property Law Question Here...
Alex Reese is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I own a small mom and pop retro candy and soda pop store.

Customer Question

I own a small mom and pop retro candy and soda pop store. My building is 1000 square feet.
I want to play recorded videos (from you-tube and other online sources) of retro vintage candy and soda pop commercials from on a TV monitor in my store.
The videos will be advertising products that we sell in the store.
What are the issues?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Alex Reese replied 1 year ago.
hello. if you are playing directly from Youtube (or sites like youtube) then that should be fine, no problem there legally because you are not making a "copy" of any kind but are merely playing directly from youtube. Also, practically speaking given the nature of your business, I doubt you would face any copyright issues.

Related Intellectual Property Law Questions