FamilyAttorney
FamilyAttorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Owner, attorney in private practice, appellate attorney, GAL & former trial lawyer, licensed for 36 years
89910983

Working on a License Agreement and need the legal definition

Customer Question

Working on a License Agreement and need the legal definition of "Enhanced Computer Software" and the definition of "New Computer Software".
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 7 months ago.
Hello. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience. I specialize in family law and appeals, and I have many years’ experience with landlord-tenant issues and contract law. I also have written articles on DUIs/DWIs/OUIs, process serving, employment law, Social Security law and on many other legal subjects. I answer questions on these topics as well as general legal questions and questions about negligence and other civil wrongs such as defamation and invasion of privacy. I look forward to helping you today.Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an attorney on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I've done licensing agreements and have access to a computer expert here, so that helps. Do you need to give definitions in the licensing agreement?
Anyway, I spoke with my IT guy and got some definitions for you. Enhanced computer software is any product change or upgrade that increases software capabilities beyond what the client originally specified. Enhancements allow software to perform in a way to allow increased capabilities. Product enhancements include such things as additional functionality, error and bug repair and handling, better cross-plaftform compatibility, and greater processing speed. New computer software is when you install new programs or applications on your computer -- that is new software. ----------------------------------------The new software definition is not as involved as the enhanced software definition. Let me know if you need any additional information or if this is what you're looking for. My IT person has 40+ years of IT experience so I'm getting definitions from him and elsewhere because I did some of these agreements too. I hope this helps and clarifies. If you could, I'd appreciate it if you can rate me when finished.Please accept my answer, rate my answer and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you and with your question. I work hard to give you a thorough and honest answer. I thank you in advance for rating me. Please let me know if there is more that I can do to answer your question and if you need more information. If not, I thank you for your rating.
I'll be here for a few more minutes if you have any other questions you want to ask me. Otherwise, I'll be checking in here in about a half hour. Thanks in advance for rating me. Best of luck with your licensing agreements. I know they can be tedious!