Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Patent Prosecutor
Experience:  Patent Bar Certified
12711280

I have eight of my academic papers I want to combine into a

Customer Question

I have eight of my academic papers I want to combine into a book. I have a working title for the book. Do I have to copyright each paper or just the entire book submission?
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 7 months ago.
It is much easier, since this is going to be a compilation, to copyright it all at one time. It will also be much cheaper to take this approach and you will enjoy just as much legal protection. You can pdf the compilation and file it on the US Copyright Office website for less than $40. It is pretty user friendly and you should have a copyright awarded within four months from the time you submit it on the site. By the way, I am a licensed IP attorney with over a dozen years of practice experience. Let me know if you have any additional questions. Please also rate my answer positively. Best!
Just checking to see if you have any other questions or comments. I want you to be as comfortable as possible as you move forward with this important issue. Thanks