N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Since 1983
9653905

I wish to use an internet google image of Lawrence Berkeley

Customer Question

I wish to use an internet google image of Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory for the cover of my book with a chapter on my research there. The internet site was set up by google. Do I need a special permission and, if necessary, how obtain it?
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  RichieMe replied 8 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you give me the link to the image and I can check it for you.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. You would need to find out who owns the copyright on the image and get permission to use it, unless the image is in the public domain or is covered by a Creative Commons license. It may be easier to take your own photograph. If that is not practical, there are public domain and licensed images available athttp://www.google.com/search?q=Lawrence+Berkeley+Lab&safe=off&client=safari&rls=en&hl=en&tbm=isch&prmd=ivnsm&source=lnt&tbs=sur:fc&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjzz-DCov7LAhVG-GMKHaKGBGIQpwUIDw I hope this information is helpful.