Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Owner of Law Firm
24312958

I'm working on the concept parody app that uses spoken

Customer Question

I'm working on the concept for a parody app that uses spoken word with video clips, and alters the audio for comedic value. I need to know what media I can use, if any, and what my limitations would be under fair use, if any.
Looking for a consultation ASAP - and hoping for a more in-depth exploration in order to assure that I know how to proceed safely!
Thank you,
-Alex
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
To add a BIT more detail... the media I'm hoping to use initially would be short segments of political speeches from Presidential candidates...
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joycelaw replied 8 months ago.
Hello:I would be glad to do a phone call with you.I will send you a phone offer for you to accept.ThanksJoyce
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Just to make sure I know what I'm getting into. I have paid already for an email response. If I wish for a phone response, the cost is what I already paid plus $59?
Expert:  Joycelaw replied 8 months ago.
As far as I can see, since I haven't answered your question via email, and you have notaccepted an answer, there has not yet been a charge for this question.If we go straight to a phone call, I will opt out of the question and you will only pay forthe phone call. The cost of the phone call is $59.00.
Expert:  socrateaser replied 8 months ago.
Hello, The previous contributor appears to have left the conversation. Are you still seeking assistance?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm incredibly confused. I received a message from JustAnswer saying that I have been charged. Since this is my first time using this service, I am briefly stepping back until I receive a response from them. I would prefer to accept the phone call offer from Joycelaw, although I don't understand why they have left the conversation...-Alex
Expert:  Joycelaw replied 8 months ago.
Dear Alex:I opted out of the question because I assumed that you were probably not interested.After you get your billing straightened out with Customer Service, we can try again.I would be happy to do a phone call with you.ThanksJoyce
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Awaiting response from cust support. Thanks!
Expert:  Joycelaw replied 8 months ago.
After you hear from Customer Support, if you are still interested in doing a phone call, please let me know. Thanks
Expert:  Joycelaw replied 8 months ago.
I will be available late morning and all day on Sunday (Illinois time).
Good night.
Expert:  Joycelaw replied 8 months ago.
I also meant to tell you that when I only know the price of the phone call and online question if I answer one.
I do not know about other billing.
You can call Customer Service
at(###) ###-#### *****