Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney practicing all aspects of copyright/trademark law
10285032

I wrote a book. It has been published and I purchased 100

Customer Question

I wrote a book. It has been published and I purchased 100 copies from the publisher. I told the publisher repeatedly to not market this book. My 100 copies will be given away to family and friends. Over 300 people have been named in the book and I did not get permission from any of these to use their names. If you google the book title: MID-WEST WITH THE NIGHT you will see the book offered for sale. I want the publisher to cease marketing and to pay damages for their actions.
Frank R. Doerr ***@******.***
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you self published this book and did not sign any agreement with the publishing company to market and sell your book, then they are in breach of contract with you and you need to file a civil suit against them for the damages and amount of any proceeds they made from any sales. In addition, when you file your civil suit your attorney would also file a motion for an injunction to immediately get the book removed from the internet and stop any future sales until the case is decided at least.