CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

I'm planning on offering an online service very similar

Customer Question

I'm planning on offering an online service very similar to another online company. It's similar in both name and service. I plan on operating as a direct competitor. Should I abandon this endeavor altogether because there is name similarity?
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 9 months ago.

Dear Customer,

You do not need to abandon the endeavor in its entirety, but if your proposed name is ***** ***** that it is going to cause reasonable consumer confusion, you should seriously consider finding a new name for your business.

You would not be barred from offering a competing service, but you can be prohibited from using a name that is so similar that a reasonable consumer could be confused between the two services.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Dear Customer, I do not participate in the phone call program for the site, however, if you wish to have a phone call with an attorney, you can post a request for "additional services" and your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions. (If you have questions about these additional services, you can contact our customer service at: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help)