Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Its me again. Does it cost money to licensing or do I pay a

Customer Question

Its me again Roger. Does it cost money to licensing or do I pay a portion of the profit for THe Walking Dead?
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Roger replied 10 months ago.

Hi - yes, it costs for a license -- either a royalty or a flat fee is normal.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How do I go about brokering a licensing deal? Do I need to go through a lawyer?
Expert:  Roger replied 10 months ago.

It is possible to do this without a lawyer.....if you can just call owner and ask what a license fee will cost you. But, if there are negotiations required to obtain the license, you may want to consult a lawyer to assist.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How do I get ahold of the people I would need to talk to in order to get a Licensing Deal from The Walking Dead?
Expert:  Roger replied 10 months ago.

You'd need to contact the USPTO and ask who holds the trademark on the name you're wanting to use and obtain their contact information or you can try to search online first and see what you find. Here's a link: http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks-application-process/search-trademark-database

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello Roger, I had a question.I want to create a film and card game company called Tornado Studios. Is that name already taken?