socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

I need a question asked about my pictures. I used LEGO

Customer Question

I need a question asked about my pictures. I used LEGO pictures of their model builds, but we had them redrawn like coloring pages, with color. They do not look exactly like a picture, but illustrations. I need them for my book. Really need help. I can send some copies of the pictures so that you can see them. Please help.
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 10 months ago.

I'm not sure that I understand the question. If you are looking for a confidential consultation about your intellectual property rights, I will send you an additional services offer. If not, then please ignore the offer, and feel free to continue asking questions in this public forum, and I'll try to help.

Thanks for using Justanswer!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My question was that I took pictures that were copyright and changed them to illustrations. I would need to send the pictures so that you can see them. I paid $44 to get an answer to this question. I did not get a free week. Thanks.

I can probably answer your question without reviewing the pictures, if you can explain to me the artistic point that you are attempting to communicate with the pictures. Example:

1. Artist creates a montage out of cut up pieces of commercial advertisements of women's fashion items, for the purpose of showing the absurdly materialistic nature of society. This is "fair use," because it is a critique of the pictures that the artist has used.

2. Same facts as above, but the purpose is to show the various products being sold by a department store. This is copyright infringement, because the purpose is commercial advantage.

So, again, tell me the point you're trying to convey, and I'll tell you if it's fair use or copyright infringement.

Thanks for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am not happy with my answer. I am looking elsewhere. I would like a refund. Thank you, Robin

I would greatly appreciate it if you could explain why you're dissatisfied, so that I can provide better service to others in the future.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello, I asked a question and you answered about property rights, also asked for more money instead of answering my question. Two times, you did not seem to understand my question. I would like a refund. Thanks.

Thanks for your explanation. I respectfully ***** ***** answered your question -- without reviewing your pictures, which would be a bona fide legal service that I cannot provide in this forum. You did not seek any clarification, so I must assume that the answer resolves your inquiry.

Regardless, you are entitled to a refund, even though you have received what you paid for, so I will send your request to customer service, and they can assist you further.