Alex Reese
Alex Reese, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in intellectual property law
14461494

I have an idea on line shopping platform. It is not written

Customer Question

i have an idea for a on line shopping platform . It is not written yet but i have the idea i have shared most of it with an advertising agency and a few more people how can i protect this idea
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Alex Reese replied 1 year ago.

hello. it is unlikely that you will be able to patent it, unless it is a novel and non-obvious type of computerized system/process, but most likely it will fall within the unpatentable class of business methods. keep in mind that an "idea" is a far cry from a patentable invention, for every patentable invention there are hundreds if not thousands of "ideas" and business methods. But you may want to discuss it with a patent attorney in private to be sure. Patents are the only way to get protection on something like that, although a trademark could protect the name & logo associated with it.

Expert:  Alex Reese replied 1 year ago.

let me know if you need clarification