Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

This webpage comes up in search results name which damages

Customer Question

This webpage comes up in search results for my name which damages me in my business:
Does it constitute libel? Could threat of a libel suit motivate them to take the page down?
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

If there is an actual person by that name and you and he happen to share the same name, there is nothing you can do about the webpage. It is not libel as to you because it doesn't refer to you as being the person they are writing about. If you were to file suit, you might increase the circulation of that article, whereas the people who know and deal with you are unlikely to ever see it. By posting it here you have actually circulated it yourself. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Your friends and business acquaintances will know that you aren't the same person as that other Cory B.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Am I able to delete this post, or the text of the URL, so that the article is not further circulated by this page?
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

I referred your concern to the category moderator. You can also take up your concern with customer service.

.