socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

I believe I registered a trademark approx 6 months ago and

Customer Question

Hi I believe I registered a trademark approx 6 months ago and would like yo make sure I did it properly. I would also like to copyright our company logo and register another trademark. Is this something you can help me with?
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.

Are you expecting to have this done in exchange for the amount you are offering for an answer to your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I am trying to verify if a) the first trademark with my company name is ***** ***** as I did it through an online agent b) What it entails to register a copyright of a logo c) is this something I do myself or through here etc

Okay, thanks. For item (a), I will send you an additional services offer. For item (b), you can register a copyright for your logo at this link.

For item (c), you are legally entitled to register and search trademarks and copyrights without legal assistance. If you're not comfortable doing it yourself, then you may hire someone to assist you in the process. The person who you hire does not need to be a lawyer -- however, if there are questions about the validity of a trademark, logo, or copyright, then only a lawyer can legally provide an opinion as to validity. Many nonlawyers will profess expertise in this area. In my opinion, only an intellectual property lawyer is actually capable of providing reasonable advice -- law schools do not generally teach intellectual property law as part of the core curriculum, so most lawyers are only vaguely familiar with the issues.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!