BH
BH, Lawyer
Experience:  IP and Entertainment Attorney
67520588

I want to create a painting from a photograph taken circa

Customer Question

I want to create a painting from a photograph taken circa 1917, but I cannot find out if there is an owner to that photo. Can you help?
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  BH replied 1 year ago.

Anything first published prior to 1923 is now in the public domain and is free for anyone to use. That is, although there was an owner (the photographer), the photograph no longer is protected by copyright laws.

Let me know if you need clarification. If you are satisfied with my answer, please rate it so that I may obtain credit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank You! You've saved me time and money in unnecessary searches. I feel confident to go forward with my plans!
Expert:  BH replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. Please be sure to rate my answer so that I can be credited for my time.