John, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney.
71296933

This question is about EXHIBIT A in a contract. I am ring a

Customer Question

Hi, This question is about EXHIBIT A in a contract. I am hiring a contractor(who is on H1B) from Company A to develop a IT product. I am preparing a legal contract(MSA and exhibit A) on behalf of my company(which i own). So my question is, In exhibit A do i have to mention the NAME of the product that i am getting developed or can i just mention that My company would like to avail contracting services from the contractor at an hourly rate? FYI...i am mentioning about intellectual property rights,copy rights etc in the MSA.
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is***** have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today.

It would be ideal if you provided as much detail as possible regarding the services you expect from the contractor (e.g. develop IT procedures) but you do not have to mention the name of the product. The more you explicitly draft out the services you expect however, the better in my opinion because then you lessen the risk that the parties have varying interpretations of what is expected.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.