LegalEagle1
LegalEagle1, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing attorney licensed for over 23 years.
58185682

How to file a claim against my home owners insurance

Customer Question

How to file a claim against my home owners insurance company?
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  LegalEagle1 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. I would like to assist you with your question today.

What type of claim are you trying to make and what steps have you taken so far?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have homeowners insurance with a reputable insurance company(or so I thought). There was a electrical fire at my home, which was caused by a lightening strike. I call in my claim to the insurance company on that Friday evening, the adjuster came out Monday afternoon to inspect the property and indicated that he would be sending me a breakdown report of the accessed damages and their estimated repair cost. It's been two weeks and I have not received this report, I have inquired several times and have not received it. I have good insurance coverage, but I am receiving very, very poor service from the claims dept. I have had to literally beg for living expense monies after a week of the fire. I am homeless, because my home was damaged very bad and the electrical meter had to be pulled. I was told the the repairs will take about two months to complete. Are there any organizations/agency that I can report this situation to or advise. I am so stressed out because of the lack of communication with the claims department and their procedures. They are diffidently Not treating Like A Good Neighbor. What should be my next move?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you reviewed my last comment?