Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney practicing all aspects of copyright/trademark law
10285032

Hazem Nuseibeh. I am an author of the book Ideas of Arab

Customer Question

My name is***** I am an author of the book Ideas of Arab Nationalism originally published in 1956 by Cornell Publishing. Recently I discovered that Literary Licensing, LLC has republished my book. It is now selling on Amazon. Could you please advice me on how to
1. Stop the sale of the illegal copies
2. Get compensation for the sale of the illegal copies
Thanks
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to send a cease and desist letter to the company that is republishing your book without your consent. In the cease and desist letter you would make a demand for all profits they have made from the sale of the book without your express written consent PLUS a claim for damages (which could be up to $100,000 per violation plus attorney's fees). If they refuse to respond to your claim, which is likely going to be their action, then you would need to sue them in court for copyright infringement to get the court to issue a judgment against them and once you have a judgment against them you could seek enforcement through the courts.