JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Experience:  18 years experience
11068102

Can i use quote inside my book if the original book is no

Customer Question

Can i use quote inside my book if the original book is no longer copyright? I do say who wrote the quote
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

If a work is not copyrighted or the copyright is expired then you're free to quote from it. It is a good idea to attribute it (as you're planning on doing).