socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

Can you tell me what GOOD CAUSE APPEARING THEREFOR, IT IS

Customer Question

Can you tell me what GOOD CAUSE APPEARING THEREFOR, IT IS ORDERED that this is case is reassigned to the Honorable Maxine M Chesney...
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.
Hello, The Good Cause Appearing...language is simply the traditional means of formatting a court order before the actual order text is provided. The terminology means that the court has found a legal justification for its order, based upon the presentation of the parties' respective evidence and arguments. And, the actual order, based on your stated text, is that a new judge has been assigned to the case. I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.Thanks again for using justanswer.com!