Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney practicing all aspects of copyright/trademark law
10285032

In a civil case we just came to a stipulation to dismiss claims

Customer Question

in a civil case we just came to a stipulation to dismiss claims and counterclaims (thank you for all your great advice) no money paid buy either party. I am in Florida. I had my signature notarized in Florida. I was told by the notary who did my husband's notarizing that the notary in Florida who did mine erred by not writing on the documents the ID she took for me. Is that true? thanks
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your new question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

A Notary does not HAVE to write the ID she took from you. They should do so if they are not satisfied they know you and have verified who you are, but it is not a legal requirement and each notary does things their own way.