Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney practicing all aspects of copyright/trademark law
10285032

I have same case of whoismology published some private

Customer Question

hi, i have same case of whoismology published some private domain info and even i have updated the new domain info, they still insist to publish the old domain info, how can u help me?

I have sent them numerous emails to ask them to update the domain info to the updated one.

I have mentioned to them to that, I do not ask them to remove the domain info - as they have indicated there is no way for them to remove the info but I have asked them to update the info to reflect to the most updated one.

Till today, they still reply with a standard reply email that they do not want to change it.

Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am afraid that this type of situation is considered a private claim by ICANN, so they will not handle this type of complaint. This means if the site owner will not publish correct information, you would have to file a civil suit against them in court to get a court order against them to order them to correct the information AND to compensate you for the damages their defamation/libel caused you to suffer. They have committed defamation/libel because once you notified them to correct the information and they failed to do so, they were publishing known false information or publishing with reckless disregard of the truth.

If the site refuses to make the correction, I am afraid your only remaining option is to file suit against them and seek damages from them together with an order to change the information.