JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Experience:  18 years experience
11068102

If I have a website and want to advertise lawyers or law firms,

Customer Question

If I have a website and want to advertise lawyers or law firms, can I take an image from a lawyer's website and information about the firm and put it on a website without the lawyers or law firms permission. Where the information is clearly copyrighted displaying the copyright symbol and so forth.
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.No, that would be a copyright violation even if you used the copyright symbol.You would have to get their permission to use anything from their website on yours.You could rewrite information contained on their website and put it on yours and that would likely be okay, you just can't use the specific language or the specific images.Most law forms would allow you to use their information and images to advertise their firm if you contact them and ask them.