Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I assist my clients with IP questions that arise in their daily course of doing business.

Hello, My name isXXXXX and I am the principal

Hello, My name isXXXXX and I am the principal architect of XXXXXXX Architects. There is a web site called "images of Nancy XXXXXXX Architect" not created by me but by google. On the site there are many buildings that were designed by other architects in my town of Aptos. How can I get rid of this misleading website? There are also photos of men and women whom I have never met. I have initiated dialogue with google but the problem remains. Thank you in advance for your time. Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX of HXXXXXXXrchitects.

Thank you for your question.

If I may ask, is this a faulty search string or a bona fide actual hosted site that has improper information?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is a site by google. You may want to type "images of Nancy XXXArchitect" so that you can see it yourself.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is a site by google. You may want to type "images of Nancy Huyck Architect" so that you can see it yourself.

You mean the images that come up? And those images are not correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The first six buildings are mine. The rest of the buildings are from other local architects.

Thank you for your follow-up. This is not a website, it appears to be images that they pull based on their search string that does not necessarily match with the actual buildings that are yours. What you are requesting is that they update the search string to make it more accurate, but it is not a hosted site at all, merely a search function that is not potentially correct. You can contact the company and ask for updates, but as the images are not hosted or controlled by google, they are not really responsible if the images are not exactly correct--try this out with a different search string such as 'images of Los Angeles' or 'images of the President' and I guarantee that there will be incorrect images in the string. If this were a hosted and made site, then you would have a cause of action, otherwise whom you would need to contact are the sites from where those images were pulled and see if those sites incorrectly listed those images as belonging to you.

Hope that helps.

In your other threads you posted:

Dimitry, I believe that someone should be accountable and it appears that google feels accountable by listing the word "reported"
What specifically do you mean?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

"Reported" means that google has received my complaint.

A 'report' does not mean that the complaint is valid or that they need to take further action. The way that search string operates is that it pulls images from third party sites where the title or name for the image fits the search string criteria. If I put up an image of an Eiffel Tower on my own site and credit the architect as you, it is very possible and conceivable that google, upon running the search, will pull my image into that listing, and attribute my incorrect description to you. This is not google's fault or responsibility--they pull images from other sites. To get this resolved you would need to contact me and demand that I remove the image and the description, or modify the description to properly identify the real architect. But google did not build the contact, they simply brought it in from other site such as mine--they would not be liable to you if the images are not correct. You can contact them and demand that they update the string to be more correct, but as they did not create the incorrect information on the third party site, they are not generally liable.

Good luck.