Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I assist my clients with IP questions that arise in their daily course of doing business.

Would I likely have success in applying for the trademark "Hottest"

Would I likely have success in applying for the trademark "Hottest" or "The Hottest" for new grill we're bringing to market? I'm afraid this may be rejected as "merely descriptive".

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

My apologies but it is highly unlikely that the USPTO would grant you such a trademark. Your fear that this is a descriptive name is XXXXX XXXXX appears to be simply a means of informing others of what you believe your item will do, but it is not unique enough to be considered a legitimate trade-name. I am sorry!