Intellectual Property Law
Ask an Intellectual Property Lawyer. Get an Answer ASAP.
So I could actually put the companies names (with a general font) in place of the pixilated trademarks and not be on thin ice?
Attached my revised copy with only company names in a font and color that resembles the logo. Am I off of the thin ice with this?
1) Competitive Auto Lift and Tire Changer company
2) Vise is generic off "shutterstock"
3) The background are multiple sale sheets from various auto parts companies that sell equipment
4) In my opinion they are small enough that a person can not tell what brand of equipment they are.
5) We are trying to win over equipment distributors (primarily lift and wheel service) who have watched their margins fall as the auto parts companies continue to sell more and more equipment, not worried about the gross profit on that equipment, but rather in a bid to get the parts business from the end user (repair shop owner)
Hope that helps to explain
Is there any way to get confirmation of payments? I assumed there would be an email invoice. Thank you
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on JustAnswer are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. JustAnswer is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains.
The responses above are from individual Experts, not JustAnswer. The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credential of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service (last updated February 8, 2012).