Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

How much should it cost me to trademark a name?

Customer Question

Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Roger replied 3 years ago.

Kirk Adams : Hi - my name is Kirk and I'm an Intellectual Property litigation attorney. Thanks for using JA! I'll be glad to assist you today.
Kirk Adams : The filing fee to the US Trademark Office ranges between $275 to $325.
Kirk Adams : If you hire an attorney to handle the application process, you're probably looking at a fee of $1000 or more.
JACUSTOMER-du08ozl6- :

All the online sites offer for like $159 or so but then say in the small print "subject to USTMO fee"

Kirk Adams : Yes, you can get places like legalzoom or other online paper processors to do the work for less, but they really don't offer any legal advice or help - - just provide and process forms.
Kirk Adams : The US Trademark Office fee is the $275-$325 amount.
Kirk Adams : If you file with an online source, you're probably looking at around $500.
Kirk Adams :

Thanks for allowing me to assist, and if you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.