Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I d like to know exactly how plagiarism is determined. Lets

I' d like to know exactly how plagiarism is determined. Lets say I am writing a text for my website, which will be offering the same services that other companies offer in my area. I am listing the same ideas and almost the same prices. Lets say I've read their websites, selected the best info, rephrased it and added to my website. Will it be plagiarism and how would it be determined? Thank you.

Kirk Adams : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm an Intellectual Property litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.
Kirk Adams : Plagiarism is not a legal term, but instead, legal claims for this are usually couched under Copyright laws.
Kirk Adams : That said, if you are not copying information word-for-word and placing it on your site, then you should be ok.
Kirk Adams : So, if you read something and then re-state it in your own words, then there's likely no issue and it would really be practically impossible for someone to prove a claim of plagiarism.
Customer: Thank you. So basically, combined information taken from other sites and substituted with synonyms is all right?
Kirk Adams : As long as you put the information in your own words, you should be ok.