BizIPEsq., Attorney
Experience:  I am a tech attorney and I represent clients with technology, internet and intellectual property matters

For BizIPEsp. Only - Continuation of Other Questions About

For BizIPEsp. Only - Continuation of Other Questions About Editor's Work Hire Agreement. Thanks

Hi. I have an additional question. Is my turn to sign a contract with the editor and is okay for me to sign. However, they showed in their contract other LLC name. I have asked them is this llc is the same company I have put in my contract.

There is a second question. I have a clause that I would like you know what it means.

It says:

"Editing is intrinsically a process of offering advice and suggestions to the AUTHOR. While the EDITOR will make every effort to bring questionable material to the attention of the AUTHOR, the AUTHOR agrees to indemnify and save harmless the EDITOR from any and all claims or demands, including legal fees, arising out of any alleged libel or copyright infringement committed by the AUTHOR in creating the work."

BizIPEsq. :

Thank you for requesting me.

BizIPEsq. :

1) the name of the LLC on the agreement should be whatever they indicate. Make sure you that you make payments to that LLC and not to any other company or person

BizIPEsq. :

2) this paragraph means that if the editor leaves in material that later ends up being legally problematic (for example material that later is determined to be defamatory) then under this paragraph you promise to indemnify the editor (i.e. to protect them against claims). This is typical language in such agreements.

BizIPEsq. :

Thank you for your continued patronage

BizIPEsq. :

Please rate my answer