BizIPEsq., Attorney
Experience:  I am a tech attorney and I represent clients with technology, internet and intellectual property matters

A few years ago, I complained to the police regarding an individual

Customer Question

A few years ago, I complained to the police regarding an individual who harassed me and who in the past attempted to kidnap me. The police was not helpful. I moved to a different state (let's call it State "X" here), yet the harassment that began in the state where I previously lived (let's call it state "Y") seemed to have "stalked" me.

I come from a family of politicians, my father was a US military veteran, so I was vulnerable. I am an educated person and made the reports in good faith.

I emailed the governor in state "Y" explaining that I had been harassed to the extent that there was a kidnapping attempt and that the individual harassing me was a terrorist. I stated in the letter that I am a hard working American, a Christian, and a responsible American Citizen.

A few days later, I received a letter from State "Y"'s Dept. of Children and Families, from the behavioral therapist. The Governor, instead of helping me, treated me like some sort of terrorist.

My question: I am a writer and would like to write a blog/newspaper article informing the public that with so many kidnappings and bizarre crimes, the police and even politicians are not helping by either ignoring the warnings that could prevent crimes, or by humiliating the persons reporting the crimes. MY QUESTION IS: If I write this blog or article and mention the politician's name or the specific police department, would I be legally liable?

If I publish the article exposing the situation without the names, would I still be liable?
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  BizIPEsq. replied 3 years ago.

BizIPEsq. :

Hello, I will be assisting you

BizIPEsq. :

Let me review the question. I will need to log off in the process so please bear with me.

Customer :

Your answer is not showing at all. Please correct this issue. Thank you.

Customer :

It appears that without blaming you, I am not getting an answer from you, so I will call billing.

Customer :

You did not answer my question, so I will not be charged for a question that you did not answer.