BizIPEsq.
BizIPEsq., Attorney
Experience:  I am a tech attorney and I represent clients with technology, internet and intellectual property matters
73280834

Hi, sorry for bothering you again. i have another question

Hi, sorry for bothering you again. i have another question i would like to know if this sticker is a problem to reproduce . the text is trademarked but the design is basically just a bio hazard symbol which i dont think should be issue . please let me know here is the link http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B003CMIH2Q/ref=ag_xx__xx/?condition=new
Thank You

BizIPEsq. :

Hello, thank you for your continued patronage.

BizIPEsq. :

Let me look at this sticker

BizIPEsq. :

The sticker is copyrighted as it contains enough creative elements to be considered unique. In addition as you noted the text is trademarked. Therefore you cannot use the sticker as is.

BizIPEsq. :

However to the degree possible you could find a clip art image of a bio hazard (one that has a creative commons license or one that is in the public domain which means that you can use it freely subject to the license terms) and then construct your own sticker. Generally speaking, you can draw inspiration from this sticker, come up with your own text and your own arrangement of the elements and you would good to go!

Customer:

Hi i would like to know if i would run into any legal issues if i copy this sign .is there enough creative elements to be considered unique ? http://www.amazon.com/Warning-Price-Increase-Expect-Metal/dp/B008V0FOB6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369430564&sr=8-1&keywords=Due+to+Price+Increase+on+Ammo+Do+Not+Expect

Customer:

Thank you very much

Customer:

i am referring to copy it to resell

Customer:

dse4rfgtr54gfgvg4gre4
`1

BizIPEsq. :

If there is humor there is creativity. The sign contains humor and therefore would be copyrightable. In addition, the sign has some graphical elements that would indicate an expression of creativity

BizIPEsq. :

Please rate my service.

BizIPEsq. :

Please feel free to request me for additional newly listed questions

Customer:

Hi, just to clarify. If there is only words of humor without a design, that would be an issue to copy. correct ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

correct.. to some degree copyrights (and trademarks) extend to a creative compilation of just words. Although I should note that copyright protection does not extend to short sentences / phrases. Those have to be trademarked. Copyright protection also does not extend to facts -- those are not considered creative.