socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

The single trademark terms "Virtue" and permutations thereof

The single trademark terms "Virtue" and permutations thereof are not shown as registered for International Class Code(s) 025, Primary Class: Clothing, footwear, headgear.

However, "VIRTUE IS ITS OWN REWARD", "VICES OF OUR VIRTUES" and many other are registered as International Class Code(s): 025
US Class Code(s): 022, 039;Primary Class: Clothing, footwear, headgear.

Here's the link:

It seems the single term "Virtue" is not registered for this Class Code 025.

Please explain my options to register "Virtue" or variations thereof.

Also, I'm looking to acquiring the best domain name available for a t shirt company whose mission is to provide quality limited edition merchandise with a Christian theme through online fundraising for charities.

Could you please see my list, pick your top 3 names below and let me know your opinion and why.

Thank you!

There are nearly 200 live trademarks which use the term "virtue." In order to transform the term from a generic mark into an arbitrary mark for trademark purposes, the easiest method, based upon your stated goal would be to call your business "Christian Virtue."

There is no clothing company with a similar name.

Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can this be accomplished with the single term like "virtuey" since the single term "virtue" is not used for a clothing company.
Virtuey is a "fanciful" name, which is the strongest trademark possible. There is nothing in the USPTO database with that name, therefore, you can register it and use it exclusively.

Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, thank you.

You're welcome and good luck!