Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I am in the process of approaching a publisher about a non-fiction

I am in the process of approaching a publisher about a non-fiction book I am promoting. I do not have a literary agent nor lawyer. What kind of issues should I keep in mind in protecting the work and in negotiating a contract if they wish to publish it? Thanks for any info you can offer or resources you can point me to. Henry

Kirk Adams : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm an Intellectual Property litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.
Kirk Adams : Here's a very good link that outlines the main things you need to negotiate/consider with a book deal:
Kirk Adams : Also, you can have anyone you discuss or negotiate with sign a non-disclosure agreement, which will protect your information and prevent disclosure to third parties.
Kirk Adams : Here's a link to a good non-disclosure agreement: