Alex Reese
Alex Reese, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in intellectual property law
14461494

Can I use the Swarovski name in my jewelry business because

Can I use the Swarovski name in my jewelry business because I use ONLY Swarovski beads in making the jewelry. It is something I need the customers to know so they will be aware that no cheaper imitation beads will be used. I already have 20 stores selling my jewelry and have been known for only using Swarovski crystals, but the Swarovski website does not say anything about not using/using their names when their product is being used... only references their website and trademark in regards XXXXX XXXXX website - not their products such as their Swarovski crystal & pearl beads - My entire product niche depends on this aspect

Alex Reese :

hello

Alex Reese :

yes you can use the name in describing the beads, but not in a way that gives a false impression that the jewlery is designed/made by Swarovski (that would be a potential trademark violation)

Alex Reese :

so just present it in a way that minimizes any potential confusion

Customer:

So when my tag line for my business says: "Tyler Cody Designs: Antique-Inspired, Handcrafted Swarovski & Pearl Jewelry" - This is ok?

Customer:

btw, Swarovski doesn't handcraft their jewelry to my knowledge so I'm assuming this wording will work but PLEASE let me know if it could be misconstrued...

Customer:

and where is the 'accept' button Im suppose